Jan 5, 2014

Bring on 2014!

Well this is our last day of our Christmas break. I have enjoyed being at home and spending time with the family. But I'm ready to get back on our normal schedule...I'm just weird like that. Here is a glimpse of how we spent the last couple of weeks.


Christmas came a bit early for Ken. She got a new puppy. Her name is Lexi and is a great addition to the house. So far she has been a great dog. We have always had bigger dogs so this little baby has been way easier than I was expecting. 


 We had a couple of steer shows to go to. By we, I mean my sister's family. But we always tag along. Only a couple of months then we will be getting our very first steer for Kendie.




Lots of baking was going on.
Christmas pictures out at my parents...just so you know my parents don't live in a barn.


Christmas Eve is always spent with my family. Church, then out to my parents were the fun begins. Food, presents and lots of games.
Ken was a little under the weather on Christmas morning. But you can't really tell when she was opening her presents.


The last few years I have tried to avoid New Year's Eve altogether . I was alone and well just kind of sad. One New Years I was in bed by 8:30 and turned my phone off. I really didn't want to hear about anyone having fun. But this year it was different. Not that I need a man to make me happy but I felt alone. Everyone had someone but me. I had dated, but it didn't go so well....I'll have to save that for another post.  Finally, in March I met someone. Well, we have known each other since we were 16. And thanks to my sister and the Houston Livestock show we found each other again.  He just fits and Kendall and I couldn't be happier. 

This year my sister was suppose to have a party. But she had to have a procedure done on the 31st. So we took her girls and had our own little party. Fireworks, firepit and smores and being surrounded by the people I love! What a great year to bring in the new year. 




I tried to take one of those cool pictures....you know the one. And this is how it turned out. Taking better pictures is one of my resolutions for the year!

Wishing your family all the best in 2014!

No comments: